Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. The ordering of goods from us indicates that you are in agreement with them.
Shopping with Sumo Suits Direct
* You can order items from Sumo Suits Direct by (a) Telephoning us on one of the numbers listed on the Sales page, (b) Faxing or Posting a completed Sumo Suits Direct order form to the address shown on the Contact page or (c) using the on-line shopping facility.
* Once an order is placed using the on-line shopping facility you will receive an e-mail confirmation automatically (please do not respond to this unless any of the details are incorrect). The fact that you have received an e-mail notification does not mean that we will be able to fulfil your order. We strongly advise not to take any bookings on items purchased for you to hire out, prior to you having received you order in full. WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO SO AND THE GOODS AREN'T WITH YOU IN TIME FOR THE BOOKINGS YOU MAKE.
* If for any reason we are not able to fulfil your order we will contact you at the earliest possible opportunity to advise you of this. At this point you have the right to change or cancel your order. Any payments made or due will be adjusted or refunded to account for any changes or refunds as the circumstances dictate.
Prices at Sumo Suits Direct ( all prices subject to VAT )
* Our current prices( all prices subject to VAT ) are as displayed on the website.
* We will endeavour to ensure that the prices ( all prices subject to VAT ) shown on this website are correct. If for any reason the price(s) ( all prices subject to VAT ) of any item(s) are incorrect at the time you place an order with us, we will contact you at the earliest possible opportunity to advise you of this. At this point you have the right to change or cancel your order. Any payments made or due will be adjusted or refunded to account for any changes or refunds as the circumstances dictate.
* Delivery charges to your area- please phone or email.
Payments to Sumo Suits Direct
* You can pay for your goods by Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit cards or by Switch, Solo or Delta debit cards.
* You can also pay for your goods by Cheque or Postal Order.
* Deposits are non refundable.
* All Credit/Debit card transactions conducted over the internet are encrypted to minimise the risk of third party attack and misuse of the details therein.
Delivery of Goods
* We will contact you to arrange delivery of your order.
* We will make every effort to deliver your goods within the time stated but we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery.
* If you do not receive your goods within the stated delivery period please contact us by telephone or e-mail and we will contact our couriers on your behalf.
* The couriers will make one delivery attempt. If you are not there to accept your goods that you have ordered, the goods will be taken back to the depot whereby if a re-delivery is made, you will be charged for this, or the goods will need to be collected from the depot.
* As we distribute nationally and use independent couriers to transport your goods to you, we cannot accept any responsibility for any lateness in their arrival, due to traffic etc. On Next Day delivery if your package hasn't arrived by 4.30pm please contact us on 0116 2513669 so we can contact the couriers to confirm exactly where your goods are. Delivery is a standard 3 day carriage unless Next Day upgrades are requested and the additional surchages are paid.
* Any shortages or discrepencies with any orders must be notified to ourselves in writing within 7 days. After that time it is deemed that the goods are accepted.
* We cannot be held responsible (ie for any compensation claims) for any circumstance beyond our control that hold up delivery of goods eg if an export item gets held up going through customs, or should any couriers make errors.
Return of Goods
* BESPOKE ITEMS WHICH INCLUDE ITEMS WITH NAMES AND PHONES NUMBERS ON CANNOT BE RETURNED
* If you have to return faulty goods, do so in their original condition to Sumo Suits Direct, Unit 4, St Marks Works, Foundary Lane, Leicester, LE1 3WU within 48 hours of receipt of goods. You will be responsible for the goods until they reach us, so it is our recommendation that you use a secure delivery method which requires a signature on delivery.
* We reserve the right to have the time and opportunity to make an exchange for any faulty goods or to issue a credit note against any payment made to us in the event of the return of faulty goods.
* Non-faulty goods returned within 48 hours will incur a restocking fee of 30% of order value plus a charge for delivery costs
* Any items which are given free of charge ie promotional giveaways carry no guarantee. They cannot be replaced either if damaged on delivery. If free printed items are delivered ie crash mats and they are incorrect we will not replace them.
* Any order for an inflatable that is cancelled within 48 hours of the order is subject to a charge of £250 per unit. All manufactured goods are bespoke to individual client and as such any cancellation of orders will mean that the full payment is still to be made for the taylor made items. These terms are not negotiable.
* All inflatable orders are bespoke and as such any cancelled order will be subject to a minimum £250 charge
If you have a Complaint
* All complaints must be received in writing with full purchase details within 7 days of receipt of goods.
* Your complaint will be replied to within 7 working days by a Company Representative.
* If for any reason a decision cannot be made within 7 working days, we will investigate your complaint thoroughly and keep you updated as to its progress.
* If we find that you have a valid complaint we will endeavour to reach an amicable settlement as well as offering a full written apology from Sumo Suits Direct.
* If we find that your complaint is not valid you will be contacted stating the reasons for our findings.
* If you are still unhappy with the outcome at this stage you have the right to take your case to a suitable arbitration service.
Our responsibility to you
* We will not be responsible for any losses resulting from your use or the inability to use our website or resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control.
* We will not be responsible for your loss of profits, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from something we have done wrong.
* We make no promise that our website will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. Because of the nature of the Internet, the shopping online service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
* All rights in the designs and information on our website are owned by us. They are protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights.
* You may view, copy and print portions of our website for the sole purpose of placing an order with us. The materials on our website may not be used for any other purpose.
* Should an inflatable become out of operation for any reason, we cannot be held responsible for any loss of earnings, as we are not the inflatable operator and cannot confirm its use at all times
* We may change or withdraw any part of our website, or may refuse you access to the website at any time if we consider it necessary.
*All pictures on the website are for illustration purposes only. They do not indicate in any way the actual colour or size of the inflatables. Full specifications of the inflatables are available upon request.
* Goods not collected by the customer on the day requested by ourselves will incur daily storage charges, rates dependent on volume and number of items, check with office for full details.
* The English Translation of Terms on this site is the binding translation
* These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of England and Wales.
* Special Offers, incentives and promotions are offered at the sole discretion of the company, and one offer cannot be run in conjunction with another unless express permission is granted by the company. The company reserves the right to amend or withdraw offers, incentives and promotions at any time without notice.
* Votes collected via client feedback
* Material on this site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We reserve the right to make improvements and/or changes in the products or services described without notice.
Please Note:- Warranty Limitations
All new inflatables sold have a limited manufacturers warranty, which is applicable against any defect in workmanship of the inflatable and against material defect for a period of one year from the shipping date. All units should be inflated upon arrival and examined carefully. Any damage incurred through mishandling of the carrier or weather related damage is not the liability of ourselves. As we can not be held responsible if you select to use a carrier to transport the goods and they become lost or damage. Please report damage to the carrier immediately. Any defect should be reported to ourselves in writing within 7 days of the arrival date. Failure of buyer to give written notice shall be deemed to be a waiver of a claim for defective products.
We have the right to inspect the unit and if the defect has occured under the conditions listed in this limited warranty, we will determin whether it is practical to repair or replace the damaged or defective parts at the designated location that we have authorised. Any unit returned to us for inspection MUST be in clean, dry condition else it will not be able to be set up on our work tables ie if it is wet and dirty, and therefore will not be able to be inspected.
Our warranty is not a guarantee that the product will not through use, handling and storage develop tears or punctures from time to time. The repair of which is the responsibility of the buyer. Improper maintenance or accidental abusive or negligent treatment of the inflatable will invalidate the warranty. If after initial viewing we believe that the unit has been subject to improper use or incorrect maintenance or neglect, we reserve the right to terminate any warranty. All inflatables we sell are strictly for children (note the user cannot be taller than the walls) up to the age of 11, unless ADULT is clearly stated. The Adult units may be used by children under 11, and over including teenagers and also adults. Adult units to have a maximum of 4 users on at any one time. This term is non-negotiable. The cost of shipping the units to and from the designated location for evaluation within the warranty period, is the sole responsibility of the buyer. All shipping costs will be the sole responsibility of the buyer. All activity castles with items protruding ie bish bash and wall with holes etc, are not covered within the guarantee. Handpainted artwork is not covered under warranty. Sack truck/trolley's and crash mats carry a 28 day warranty. Generators carry a 6 month return to base warranty. Used/ex-demo inflatables carry a 3 month warranty. All warranties are return to base. As of 1st May 2004 extended warranties on inflatables have become available to purchase.
Our unique 2 year guarantee is open to all new customers as of 31st May 2008, and is available on a limited time promotion. A condition of this unique 2 year warranty is that each inflatable covered under this warranty has to undergo an annual safety tests within our factory on the anniversary of the day the inflatable was originally tested. The cost of the safety test is from |£25. Please note that the warranty is void if these conditions are not met, and the 12 month warranty will then be the only warranty that will apply.
Adult castles are suitable for adult use, so long as they are used appropriately. 15'x12' units - 2 adults maximum, 15'x15' units 3 adults maximum, 15'x18' units - 4 adults maximum. The castles are for bouncing up and down only - no horseplay. Maximum weight per adult - 12 stone. Although these castles are re-inforced for adults, that doesn't mean that they are "un-breakable" if abused.
No replacement equipment is available during any warranty inspection.
We have made every possible effort to illustrate size and dimensions as in the advertising. All sizes are based on pre-assembled measurements, and therefore may vary slightly. All sizes are approximate and colours may vary. All measurements include the front step where one is applicable. The descriptions used are for our sole identity of the products and have to claim against the warranty limitations.
We disclaim any responsibility whatsoever to buyers or to any other person for injury to person(s) caused by any product which has been subjected to misuse, negligence, or accidents, or misapplied or modified or improperly installed.
We make not warranty for additional products sold to purchaser that is manufacturered by a 2nd or 3rd party nor are we liable for any defect that could cause loss of use or injury to these items.
We endeavour to re-produce from images as close as possible but designs, colours and sizes can vary. Whenever specific colours are requested, we always endeavour to meet these, however, should a particular colour be out of stock an alternative will always be used. We reserve the right to deliver an inflatable of the same value, but varying theme if we are unable to re-produce the particular theme for some reason. We recommend that none of our customers take bookings on units until they receive them in stock. Any shortages have to be notified to ourselves within 7 days.
Promotions can not be used with any other special offers, and we reserve the right to offer cash equivalent prizes in place of items when the original items become un-obtainable ie are sold out.
You affirm that you understand that all transactions are business-to-business and therefore are not covered by The Sale of Goods Act.